Planning for emergencies literally means the difference between life and death. We all know to prepare our own survival kits but have you considered your pets? They need survival supplies too! Being proactive can save your furry friend’s life in times of disaster.
Creating a Pet Emergency Survival Kit:
- 72 hour food supply, including bowls and a can opener
- 72 hour water supply
- Leash, muzzle, harness
- Litter pan, litter, plastic bags and scooper
- Pet carrier to allow for easy transport
- Medical records, Veterinarian’s name and contact number
- Medications and a pet first aid kit
- Current photo of your pet along with their name, address and brief description
- Information on your pets feeding schedule, temperament/behavior, medical concerns
- ID tags and Micro chip number
- List of boarding facilities, hotels that can accommodate pets
Please create your pet emergency kit now! Rover will never forget you or leave you behind, so don’t do it to him. Think smart and be prepared.